top of page
Built in the 17th century as an orphanage by the Wallonian Church, the Walenweeshuis was acquired by the French state in 1967 to house the French Consulate-General and ‘Maison Descartes’—cultural and language institution. In 2016, the French state sold the property and relocated the institution.
Today, the Walen Weeshuis is a listed building. The oldest part of this historical building dates back to 1683, the building has seen many expansions and modifications throughout the centuries. Studio C is currently developing plans for restoration, renovation as well as adding a new wing to give this special building a new life.
bottom of page